Sunday, September 16, 2007

Blogger and Red-Tailed Fox Return

I took the last month off - for a variety of unintended reasons. But, like the fox pictured here, I am back.

A fox was last seen in the Colvin Run Habitat in very late June. Over the last 15 months, there have been at least 4 distinct foxes that have been observed multiple times. The fox shown in these photos appeared first in late June and on the last day of August.
He arrived this time at sunrise, which is the reason (or shall I say my excuse) for the low light conditions and hence poor photo quality.
He seemed to appear out of the overgrown holly bush in the Habitat where he seems to spend time. He then checked out the bird feeders and headed in to the nearby brush. Running down stairs and onto the porch, I managed to get these photos as he sat and observed the neighbor's beagle.
As you can see from the photos, every once in a while he would look over at me, though I was making very, very little noise. His visit lasted a total of 6 minutes. My wife has named this fox "Frisky" because of his quick appearances and disappearances.

No comments:

Post a Comment