Saturday, November 04, 2006

Egrets and Muscovies from the Tampa Trip

Last week, I talked about the Monk Parrots that I photographed when visiting Habitat friends Mike and Kay T. These friends have a backyard that borders a lake in Tampa, Florida, and has many water fowl, hawks, eagles, and a wide variety of small mammals and reptiles. In addition to the monk parrots, I managed to get photos of these Muscovy ducks and this Tri-colored or Louisiana Egret. These, like the parrots, have never been observed in the Habitat.


I would like to take credit for stalking this egret to get closer. The reality is that I took the first photo and then looked down to adjust the camera. When I looked up, the egret was right in front of me. This was the first egret that I had photographed outside of the Colvin Run Habitat.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment